Thursday, July 15, 2010

Heading across the Pond

Phase 1 of the summer schedule is over now on to phase 2. I am in the Dallas airport waiting for my flight to London in 3 hours. Getting my last "American" meal for the next 6 weeks. Nachos and a cheese burger.

Looking back to the CenroBasket Tournament is very frustrating. Even though we were a little depleted as a team I still feel that we could have played a little better and made the next step for Jamaican basketball, qualifying for the Tournament of Americas. It is tough to look at the standings of the tournament and seeing us tied for 4th place. Losing that tie knocked us out of qualifying. Down by 2pts with 29 seconds left Panama takes the ball out of bounds. We need one good defensive stop, grab a rebound and we have 5 seconds to set up a play for the tying or winning basket! But no! Some how the 24 second shot clock is turned off. They inbound the ball and now we are forced to foul. 5 missing seconds and no chance to get a shot to win or tie. Wow! You know it is bad when you are on the 6:30am bus to the airport and a coach from another team say "coach I saw your game yesterday, you got screwed". Feel bad for our players who played their hearts out.

Well, life goes on. Getting on a plane for the 9 hour flight to London. Looking forward to the next 6 weeks of international basketball. I can't wait to get back with head coach Chris Finch and try and help the British National team qualify for the Olympics!

When I get back maybe all the NBA teams will be done moving and shaking and have their rosters set so I can talk about how I see next years NBA season shaping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment