Thursday, July 29, 2010

Basketball update

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post. After we played our last game here in London against Finland we had and early 4:30 am bus to leave for the airport to go to Tel Aviv. I thought I would be able to catch up once we got there but when I tried the directions were in hebrew so I had trouble getting onto my blog.

A lot has happened since then, too much to cover tonight. Just got back to London and a little jet lagged. But wanted to share the basketball things that have happened. Then in the next couple days I will fill you in on my visit to the Holy Land. It was powerful and worth the wait.

Basketball update. We lost our last game in London to a good Finland team. They have been together for a long time and play like it. They run their offense like a well oiled machine and they shoot the ball very good from the 3 point line. We played well at times but not consistent enough to win the game. We went to Tel Aviv for three games. Game one was against Belgium. Good team with a player with NBA experience, Hervelle Axel who had 23pts and 7 rebounds. We were lead by Pops Mensah Bonsu with 26pts and our young point guard Ogo Adegboye with 20pts. we got a well deserved 84-80 victory. It was good to see us play well for 40 minutes. The next night we were going to have a big challenge playing the home team Israel in a packet, loud gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment